Very Beginner Acrylic Painting
Learn how to paint with acrylics in this workshop designed for very beginners! You will be guided through the basics such as paint brush selection, how to mix paint to create the colour you want, and the difference between mediums.
It’s not about the finished product in this class – we will be focusing on techniques and skills that will start you on your acrylic painting journey. After this workshop, you will feel more confident to take Level 2 Acrylic classes or to work on your own paintings at home.
- Container of water
- Rag or paper towel
- Spray bottle with water – to mist paints
- Swatches of colour *see below
- Palette (or plate, piece of glass, etc)
- Acrylic paints (Red, Blue, Yellow, Black, White)
- Assortment of brushes (large/small, various shapes)
- Heavy paper to paint on (mixed media paper is great)
*Swatches: You will need a few swatches of colour. These are small pieces of paper that are one colour. Look through magazines and cut out areas of FLAT colour. This means it should be one solid colour – no texture or variation. The swatches should be no smaller than ½”x ½”. If you have some house paint swatches, they work wonderfully.